Open Arms Clinic is a non-governmental, not-for-profit medical clinic dedicated to serving Stephens County residents. It is funded by private, individual and public donations. Located directly across the street from the Toccoa Clinic, they focus on providing primary health care with compassion and respect, and provide services on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
This may be a way that some of us at FACT could Engage the World practically and locally using the gifts, abilities, and/or education that God has given us to be good stewards of as a disciple.
There are two areas of opportunity:
- Provide supplies that Open Arms needs. This allows them to direct more of their funds to actual medical care. Items you could donate include 13 gallon kitchen trash bags, stamps, and coffee & creamer. They are also in urgent needs of bottled water, copier paper, paper towels, and sticky notes. Many of the patients walk or ride their bike to the clinic. Bottled water is an essential items that helps to keep patients healthy and hydrated.
- Volunteer time to serve. Potential volunteers should be comfortable with using a computer, and they will train for all positions. The computer program is easy to learn, and help is readily available if needed. Student nurses and community service individuals are welcome, and Open Arms will work with you and sign off on your volunteer hours for clinicals or community service hours. Current opportunities include:
- 1 position open for a Thursday morning nurse, one Thursday a month.
- 1 position open for a Tuesday evening nurse, at least one Tuesday every other month.
- 1 position open for a Thursday morning receptionist, at least one Thursday a month.
- 1 position open for a computer literate individual who will assist with Patient Assistance Program applications and renewals.
- Seeking an individual who has organizational skills and (perhaps) a basic knowledge of medications to offer assistance with organization and upkeep of the Pharmacy.
- Morning and Afternoon receptionists on Wednesdays.
For more information, or to express interest, contact Open Arms Clinic directly at 706-886-0940 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.