Engage the World this year through a shoebox. Not only by filling it with toys and necessities for a child somewhere in the world, but by opening a door for a child to discover the hope of Jesus Christ and begin their own journey of discipleship. Here's how you can help spread Good News and Great Joy:
- Grab a box (or get your own shoebox or small plastic container)
- Decide if you want to pack for a boy or girl.
- Decide an age range.
- Fill the box appropriate items.
- Close the box, but do not seal it. (While we are asked to help defray the $7 cost of shipping, please also do not put money in the box.)
- Put the label sticker on the outside.
- Return the box to FACT by Nov. 15.
- Pray for the child who will receive this box.
By partnering with Samaritan's Purse and multiple other churches, we will be part of distributing over 10 million boxes around the world in over 100 countries this year. The shoeboxes of Operation Christmas Child have a tangible impact in families and communities. Will you be part of helping us send 300+ boxes this year?
To find out how to pack the most meaningful box, be sure to check out some Unsolicited Advice about Shoeboxes from a person who has been a part of distributing shoeboxes to kids.
Get started today. Involve your whole family, your friends, your Discipling Community, your neighborhood, your workplace, etc.
And while you're working on this project together, take a picture and post it on social media with the hashtag #FACTshoebox to spread the word about this great project.